Thursday, February 23, 2012

Vintage Modern Wedding Invitation Suite with a Touch of Whimsy!

This Vintage Modern wedding invitation suite was custom designed for a local Nashville Bride & Groom!  It was a DIY (Do-It-Yourself) order, where I designed and provided the client with high resolution digital files so they could print and assemble the invitation suite on their own.  Their color palette is dark charcoal grey, "azalea" (a deep pink/fuchsia color), and ivory.  Both the Bride and Groom are very fond of Hatch Print style and wanted a nice mix of fun vintage fonts, with great attention to the overall color mixing/matching, spacing, and layout.
 
This couple knew exactly what they liked and did not like, which is always helpful to know when doing a custom design. They sent me CMYK color codes so I could design the invitation suite to their specific wedding colors and they informed me on the style of pocket-fold they had already ordered, so I could design the cards accordingly per the correct dimensions/layout/orientation to the pocket.  They also emailed me inspirational images to ignite my creative juices.  So, with all this great info, their design came to fruition as Vintage Modern, with a touch of "whimsy"!  To satisfy both male and female tastes, the vintage and abstract florets in the graphic scroll work added that touch of whimsy without being too "girly".
It was an exciting wedding invitation suite to design, as it allowed me to play with many font types, font sizes, spacing, color placement, and overall layout.  This 5 card invitation suite is a square pocket-fold style and includes invitation, RSVP, Reception, Accommodations, and Directions cards. After satisfying their order (to design the 5 cards), I continued the design process so I could introduce to you a complete invitation suite. Hence, I designed a personalized monogram detail on the front of the pocket-fold and 2 custom printed envelopes. The invite envelope uniquely features both the delivery and return addresses (front and back envelope printing) and the RSVP envelope uniquely features the delivery address.  The design features both matte and metallic finishes, with the envelopes and cardstock layered behind the invitation card being the only metallic details in the invitation suite.
The Directions card is a Map card that features a digitally enhance map showing the wedding ceremony, hotel, parking, and reception locations, to help guests visually learn the area and so they can accurately reference the different points of location.  It's also a nice touch to the invitation suite, as it adds that extra artistic flare and detailing, that can be as playful as you want it by adding fun color(s), symbols, graphics, and fonts.  Likewise, you can never have too much information in your wedding invitation set!   I say, "The more, the merrier!".
All details of this invitation suite are fully customizable in any color(s) of your choice!  This design can be used to inspire and create an entire matching stationery set, including seating chart, menu card, program, place card, stickers, save-the-date, table card, favor tags, favor bags, and more!   Just contact me for questions, comments, to place an order, to get a quote, or to get started on your own custom stationery design!  Visit my Flickr photostream to see all my other stationery designs!
Please keep in mind, I only sell DIY files for custom invitation designs (Bespoke invitation designs). I do not sell DIY files for any of my current invitation designs (Ready-Made invitation designs). "Ready-Made" means that my invitation designs are sold as shown in my shop with the option to personalize the text/wording and the color(s).  As a bonus, I also allow for minor graphic and font type modifications, if desired by the client, to allow total client satisfaction and to give them more control in achieving their desired "look", style, and unique personality.  "Bespoke" means that the invitation is being designed specifically for you!  Per all your wants and desires and designed from scratch! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad you enjoyed my blog! Follow my work on facebook! See you again soon!

Popular Posts

Inspiration Board Designed By My Lady Dye

How Peachy!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...